Beyond the Fitting Room
You’ve got the perfect outfit-complete with hot shoes, rockin’ jewelry and a killer handbag. The only problem is, there is ONE thing out of place. Can anyone else see the snafu? Maybe it’s only noticeable to you, and sometimes, that feeling is worse. Either way, nothing is more frus- trating than that proverbial “hair out of place” when you want to look and feel your best. Not to worry; there are products to take care of just about every potential fashion disaster, and if you have them handy, you’ll be ready for any emergency.
Here are my five favorites:
- Wearing a racer-back top can be a challenge when you don’t own a racer-back bra. VBS (Visible Bra Straps) can be distracting, and but more than that, they mess with the sexy look of a bare shoulder, and give off a tacky vibe. To solve this dilemma, the bra converter from Inti-Mate (myintimate.com) hooks on to your regular bra straps and makes them disappear. (photo 1)
- Just when I think a new pair of shoes is comfy enough to wear all day, a nasty blister pops up on my baby toe, and I have forgotten to pack a band-aid! So now I use Body Glide (bodyglide.com) before I hit the mall on a marathon shopping excursion. I rub it over my toes and at my heels, and it provides a thin barrier that prevents blisters from busting out, and ruining my day. (photo 2)
- Have you ever put your top or dress on over your head before your underarm deodorant has dried? It’s beyond frustrating. The solution is the Rescue Sponge from Miss Oops (missoops.com), and it’s a lifesaver! Simply rub it on the smudge, and it will disappear like magic…crisis averted! (photo 3)
- Sometimes the outfit you’re loving cannot be worn with a bra—not even a strapless one. What’s a girl to do? Silicone gel petals (stuff4sewing.com) provide the coverage that could otherwise be overly revealing, and perhaps a bit embarrassing. (photo 4)
- The booty wrap (bootywrap.com) is my favorite active wear item…ever! Tying a sweatshirt around your waist serves a couple of pur- poses…a cover-up for your bottom, and pockets for keys and cell phone. The booty wrap does the same thing, without the bulkiness. It’s a perfect warm weather accessory, when you’re not actually going to wear the sweatshirt. (photo 5)
There are more “save the day” products…from Spanx to fashion tape, and each of them can provide the confidence that every girl needs to pull of their perfect look. What are your favorites? I would love to know, and share them with other readers. Go to: www.C2Style.com/blog, and post your comment today!