I’m not gonna lie…
When I went to Loehmann’s in San Ramon for the LAST TIME today, I got a little emotional. Ok…I cried. Why? The store is closing!! (Don’t laugh)
Here’s the deal…I have been a Loehmann’s–the original designer discount retailer–customer for literally 30 years! My dear friend, Lisa, introduced me to the store during our freshman year of college at ASU. And ever since, I’ve been hooked.
When I moved to the East Bay in 1989, I was thrilled to find the San Ramon location! Since then, Loehmann’s has been one of my favorite go-to resources for everything from underwear to eveningwear. Seriously, I’ve found swimwear, coats, jewelry, party dresses…you name it, I could always find something to buy (surprise!).
Here’s why I will miss MY Loehmann’s:
5. Crossing my fingers walking into the store, saying “please let me find a pair of white pants (or whatever), and walking out with said pants (or whatever) in the bag, saying “thank you” out loud to the shopping gods.
4. Getting an additional 10% off all purchases ’cause I’m a diamond member, duh.
3. Being complimented on an outfit, and asked “where did you get it?”. I would proudly answer “Loehmann’s!”
2. Making friends in the infamous group fitting room. Giving advice and receiving affirmation from complete strangers who I will never see again, yet also will never forget.
1. Saving millions, ok maybe just thousands of dollars on treasures that have been an integral part of my evolving personal style.
My last purchase: a black pleated skirt ($24.99), a cashmere cardigan sweater ($69.99), a graphite necklace ($19.99), and bracelet ($12.99)…10% off PLUS another 20% off. My receipt reads that I saved $204.48 off department store prices!
Uh, oh…I’m tearing up again…gotta go…’bye old friend.
Do you have a Loehmann’s story you’d like to share? I’d love to read it!